Cleaning the house is definitely a chore that not very many people look forward to. Some people clean daily, weekly and some of us – monthly. Whatever your schedule is, it doesn’t seem to be a popular past time. House and carpet cleaningseems to be low on the list of weekend priorities. but when you follow some useful tips like ones we’ve collected, your chore day might speed by a lot quicker.
- Whoops! Wondering How To Get Nail Polish Out of Carpet? There goes that bottle of nail polish… right on to your freshly cleaned carpet. Luckily we’re not the only carpet cleaning experts around – you can follow this simple tip to try and remove the stain quickly. Remove as much of the nail polish as possible using a spoon or dull knife. Apply a non-oily nail polish remover to a clean white cloth and gently rub (only one direction at a time) or blot the spot – continue until spot is removed. Do not allow nail polish remover to get to the latex backing. To remove the nail polish remover, simply apply a small quantity of detergent solution to the spot. Use a blotting motion to work the detergent into the affected area. If the spot is removed continue applying detergent and blotting with a white paper towel until the spot is removed. Rinse with tap water using a spray bottle and spray lightly with water, DO NOT blot this time; apply pad of paper towels and stack of books and allow to dry.
- The Amazing Microwave Hack Your kids’ pizza pops have explode in the microwave – last week – and you just found out about it! Try heating 1 Cup of water mixed with baking soda to boiling in your microwave. This will help get rid of odours and make it easier to wipe away the mess.
- Dusty Blinds Be Gone Do your blinds attract dust like Taylor Swift attracts bad dates? Put those dryer sheets to work! A slightly damp dryer sheet works wonders on dusty blinds. Jut close them and wipe them down. The anti-static power will help repel dust for a less-frequent cleaning experience. Try this on your baseboards too!
- Ta Ta For Now Toilet Rings! Most people do NOT like cleaning that nasty ring off of the inside of the toilet until bathroom-cleaning day. If you’re at an in-between day, use a denture tablet to help loosen that ring up. When dropped int he toilet water the bubbles will help to loosen the stain particles and you can easily brush away any evidence of , well, you know…
- It’s A Piece of Cake To make your house smell like cake, cookies and everything nice just grab your vanilla extract. Pour two caps into an oven-safe dish and pop it in at 300 degrees for an hour.
- Cup of Joe Streaked windows can be a huge annoyance. To get rid of those pesky filmy window nuisances use a coffee filter. They’re inexpensive and don’t leave streaks or lint.
- Fido Call Home To pick up a large deposit of pet hair in Fido or Fluffy’s favourite lounging spot, try putting on a wet rubber glove and swiping the area clean with your hand.